Tuesday, September 25, 2007

For Starters

I must give apt thanks and honor to my dear roommate for helping me to discover the wonderful URL address that has become the home of my new blog.

Now to switch back into normal voice....Welcome to "Where's the Fourth". This is going to be a blog where I post my ideas and thoughts, stories and ponderings. Everyone is welcome to discuss these ideas and stories, in fact, I would love to hear what you all have to say. Also, just feel free to read and think. If I can cause you to consider something new, then this blog has accomplished it's purpose. Not everything that I write on this blog is going to be correct...I can promise you that I will make mistakes. Sometimes I may even be arguing for a belief opposite my own for the sake of trying to understand it better (but i will warn you when this is the case...i promise i'm not going crazy here!).

So updates on how I'm doing will still be on Joshua 1:9 - Where's the Fourth is mainly to keep the clutter off J 1:9 and give me a place to write out what I'm thinking. Hope you enjoy and looking forward to any conversations that might start up.

~Karyn

7 comments:

Madison said...

Fun. :D

One blog's never enough, is it? ;)

Anonymous said...

Sweet, this sounds like a good idea. I can't wait to see some posts :)

Unknown said...

Maybe you should start by responding to my predestination post ;) Glad to see that HoldFast was one of only two blogs that made it onto your sidebar, I feel special.

By the way, I assume that your title is a reference to Narnia, but what is the significance of that to your blog?

Karyn said...

Haha. you are special, Sam. and i'm working on a response to your post right now. ;) I like what you wrote though.

And the title is a reference to Plato, actually. The first line of Timaeus has to do with four people, one of which didn't show up. It can also be said to relate to four virtues and that one of them is missing. So yeah...that's the title. The idea is that I want to search for what is missing...find truth, etc.

So i'll talk to you on HoldFast as soon as i can get my thoughts together.

Chelsea Alexandra said...

Bring it on! What is that quote Miss Meline talked about? "We write that we might know what we think"? Or something like that.

Theophilus Christmas said...

"Let none but Geometers enter here."

Anonymous said...

WHOA THERE GIRLY!!! don't get too formal on me I'll start missin' that crazy sis I know!!! and love... I think... :P no I"M ADDICTED TO YOU!!! anywho... this is not about my addictions.... :D I CAN'T wait to hear what your going to post on... and w/ me writing you know there will be an arguing lil person involved and O yes I WILL POINT OUT YOUR insanity at times... BUT ONLY OUT OF LOVE ;) NO WHITE JACKETS! K???